- AutoLyrix can't find lyrics for my musics! What can I do?
AutoLyrix reads the player's title (from the player's window) to get the "now playing" song title (except for iTunes, which AutoLyrix communicate through DLL).
So, if you are having trouble:
- The first thing you have to do is check the ID3v2 tags. Try to clean it up. For example: artist should be 'The Beatles' and title 'Revolution'. If you have something else, put it inside '(' and ')' or '[' and ']',
so 'Beatles - Revolution LIVE' should be 'Beatles - Revolution (LIVE)'.
- If you think you have good ID3 tag, then right click on the lyric (or albumart) and select "Edit Search String"...
- If none of the above worked, send me an email with the song title... I will test it and perhaps add a new filter for it. Copy and paste inside the email the properties of this song (right click on the lyrics and then "Show Properties").
- Can I create a new filter?
Yes you can! After you created a new filter that works (of course!) select (highlight) the filters and export them (right-click) and send it to my email.
Also, write the song title that needs this filter, so I can tested. If everything works, I will add this to the current filters!
You can also create a custom filter and make it available for the whole world! (I think we I will create a "custom filters" session in the wiki...)
When you send an email with a new filter, attach the two files (NewBasicFilters.xml and NewAdvancedFilters.xml), please send it using "new filter" as subject.
- My player is not supported! Can you support it in the future versions?
Yes, I will try. Contact me with more information (player name and OS).
Please read the "All Players Support" HOWTO if you are running Windows.
Also, check if your player can write a file with the current song title on it (Maybe through a plugin?). If yes, enable "Support Input from File".
Finally, your player can input the songtitle to AutoLyrix running: AutoLyrix -s "SONG TITLE" (Some players have a built-in plugin where you can run a command when the current song changes - XMMS, for example).
- What is the language used to develop AutoLyrix?
AutoLyrix is developed in C#.
- How can I help?
Currently I'm the only one developing AutoLyrix (that includes write code, maintain the website, etc). If you are not a programmer you always can help with documentation. A new website also would be very nice. As you can see, I don't like to create websites! I make them very simple...
If you want to help me to develop AutoLyrix, contact me.
If you understand english but your primary language is other, you can help me translate AutoLyrix. It is very simple to do it.
Thank you for reading it!
Alex A. dos Santos (NoWayX)